Important AGM Info
In order to nominate for a position or to cast your vote at our AGM on Saturday 19th May 2018 at Parramatta RSL – The Darcy Room at 3pm, you must be a financial member of NSW Late Models, please see the rules below in relation to in person & proxy voting.
Nominations must be on the attached form.
All forms can be either scanned & emailed back to me, posted to PO Box 222 Penrith NSW 2751 or faxed to 024721 5665 by 3pm, Saturday 12th May 2018
Positions available for nominations:
5 Committee Members
Rules for nomination of a position:
15 Election of committee members
(1) Nominations of candidates for election as office-bearers of the association or as ordinary committee members:
(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the secretary of the association at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the annual general meeting at which the election is to take place.
(2) If insufficient nominations are received to fill all vacancies on the committee, the candidates nominated are taken to be elected and further nominations are to be received at the annual general meeting.
(3) If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions remaining on the committee are taken to be casual vacancies.
(4) If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, the persons nominated are taken to be elected.
(5) If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot is to be held.
(6) The ballot for the election of office-bearers and ordinary committee members of the committee is to be conducted at the annual general meeting in any usual and proper manner that the committee directs.
(7) A person nominated as a candidate for election as an office-bearer or as an ordinary committee member of the association must be a member of the association.
(1) On any question arising at a general meeting of the association a member has one vote only.
(2) In the case of an equality of votes on a question at a general meeting, the chairperson of the meeting is entitled to exercise a second or casting vote.
(3) A member is not entitled to vote at any general meeting of the association unless all money due and payable by the member to the association has been paid.
(4) A member is not entitled to vote at any general meeting of the association if the member is under 18 years of age.
(5) All votes must be given personally or by proxy but no member may hold more than 5 proxies.
35 Appointment of proxies
(1) Each general member is to be entitled to appoint another general member as a proxy by notice given to the secretary/public officer no later than 24 hours before the time for the commencement of the meeting in respect of which the proxy is appointed.
SecretaryNSW Late Models
Kane is the star in Valvoline Raceway Time Target NSW Late Model Title
Queensland sedan star Darren Kane scored a convincing win in the 40 lap NSW Dirt Muscle late Model Championship at Valvoline Raceway.
Kane took the lead around mid-race distance and survived a number of late race restarts to record the championship win.
The opening twenty circuits ran uninterrupted and at one stage looked like the forty laps would run non-stop, however yellow lights peppered the final run home.
Second to the line was Darryl Grimson and veteran David Doherty came home in third. Defending NSW Champion Ben Nicastri placed fourth and Clayton Pyne finished a creditable fifth.
The Late Model A-Main results were:
1. Darren Kane
2. Darryl Grimson
3. David Doherty
4. Ben Nicastri
5. Clayton Pyne
6. Nathan Disney
7. Daniel Barton
8. Brad Giffen
9. Jessica Cassidy
10. Ed Borg
11. Bruce McKenzie
12. Tim Bink
13. Michael Hickey (DNF)
14. Barry Kelleher (DNF)
15. Robert Carrig (DNF)
16. Joel Carrig (DNF)
17. Wade Carter (DNF)
18. Katelyn Hickey (DNF)
19. Todd Bayley (DNF)
20. Ryan Fenech (DNF)
21. Daniel Moon (DNF)
22. Gary Bryans (DNF)